THAMMASAT UNIVERSITY LIBRARY

THAMMASAT UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES

Thammasat University’s Library System was established along with the University itself, in 1934. The Libraries were initially a division under the Office of the Rector, but in 1963 were upgraded to an independent division, with all libraries becoming centralized under the administration of the Thammasat University Library System.

In 1997, Thammasat University's Main Library (Pridi Banomyong) moved to new facilities, the first underground library building in Thailand. At the same time, the Library System became a fully automated network.

As an academic facility, the libraries serve current Thammasat students and staff as priority members, but are also open to alumni, students and staff of other academic institutions and paying members of the public.

ABOUT
US

ABOUT US